IDNow is a software program designed to produce plastic ID cards under the Windows operating system. The features of the Professional version are outlined below.
- Support for Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8.
- Full WYSIWYG card layout designer. Objects that may be placed on cards are:
- Database fields
- Shapes, both rectangular and round
- Barcodes based on any database field
- Magnetic stripe on any track based on any database field
- Images. Optionally printed with a transparent background colour
- Digital Signature
- Fingerprint Image
- Card Issue and Expiry Dates based on date card printed.
- Any image may be used as a card background
- PDF417 and DataMatrix 2D barcodes.
- Concatenate Title/First/Last, First/Last, Title/First and Preferred or First/Last names on printed cards.
- Concatenate up to 10 IDNow fields into a single field. Any of these fields may be trimmed to a particular length if required.
- Fingerprint template may be output to 2D barcode.
- Text, database and date/time fields can use any font on your system. Size, colour, position, rotation and shadow are all fully customisable.
- 5 levels of Undo.
- Rulers (sliders) to allow objects to be left, right, top, bottom or centre aligned.
- All IDNow database fields (30) may be either free text entry fields or dropdown lists. Any combination of both is catered for.
- Ability to generate barcodes based on an auto-incremented number as well as in whole or part based on any other field in the database. Fixed or variable prefix/suffix is also supported. Support for common library system check digits is also available.
- Works with any model card, label or paper printer that has a Windows driver.
- Full support for double sided printing if your card printer supports it as well as hopper selection.
- Security options that allow you to give your staff access to only certain functions or restrict which database fields they can see. Automatic logout after x minutes of inactivity option. User Activity logging option.
- A database is maintained of all relevant details to be printed on each card as well as a print history. SQL Server may optionally be used for the IDNow database (SQL Server not supplied).
- Support for external databases to be used as a Read Only source for Card Details, including photographs, signatures and/or fingerprints stored in the database. Database formats currently supported include Microsoft Access, SQL Server, DBase 5, Oracle 8 and any defined ODBC database source. IDNow may be used to capture and store photographs, signatures and/or fingerprints linked back to the external data source.
- Photographs, signatures and/or fingerprints may be stored in the IDNow database or individually on any local or network hard disk drive. If stored separately any IDNow field may be used to link the images.
- Create and open multiple databases.
- Labelling of database fields is fully customisable.
- Each database entry may have a different card layout assigned to it.
- Printing may be done on an individual or batch basis.
- Support for printing cards with no data associated with them, including auto incrementing membership type numbers as either text, barcode and/or magnetic stripe.
- Full import of all database fields. Data source may be tab or comma delimited text file or Access database. Photographs, signatures, fingerprint images and templates may be imported from an Access database also. Card layouts may automatically be assigned based on the data being imported.
- Full export of all data to tab or comma delimited text file. Photographs, signatures and fingerprint images may also be exported. Fingerprint templates are not exportable.
- Data manipulation functions.
- Photograph conversion functions.
- Photographs may be sourced from:
- Digital video cameras via USB or firewire (I-Link). Requires that DirectX 9.0 or better be installed. This option will not work with Windows NT4.
- Digital still cameras via twain interface.
- Canon compact digital cameras that have 'Remote Capture' capability (most if not all no longer have this feature).
- Some analogue video cameras via a capture card.
- Any Windows compliant MCI device (web type cameras).
- Disk files.
- Photographs may optionally be saved at original size (high resolution) and IDNow will either resize or crop to suit for printing and display purposes.
- Digital signatures may be sourced from scanners or writing tablets. Direct support for Topaz signature pads and Windows Tablet devices built in.
- Fingerprints may be sourced from any scanner that can write the fingerprint image to a disk file. Direct support for Topaz IDGem and ACS AET60 scanners for both fingerprint image and templates.
- Up to 4 fingerprint images and templates per database entry.
- Shortcut keys to enable quick acquisition of photographs and printing.
- Full network support for databases and photographs/signatures/fingerprints using either mapped or UNC paths.
- Visitor badge production and management option (included).
- Backup and Restore for database/s and images is provided (Access Database Only).
- Context sensitive on-line help.
- Free updates for registered users for the life of the software (site licences may have an annual support charge).
- Quick turnaround on bug fixes and requested enhancements. Usually within 24 hours.
Note: A screen resolution of 1024x768 or better is required to use IDNow effectively.
Refer to the IDNow Version table below for more information on the features available in the different versions of IDNow.
A PDF version of the IDNow specifications can be downloaded here
A fully functional, evaluation version of IDNow is available here
To purchase the retail (boxed) version of IDNow please contact the following dealer:
ID CardWorld Ph: 02 9651 6000